Apple Cinnamon Hazelnut Rice pudding is a perfect comfort dessert or a brilliant choice for the lazy morning. If it is still warm, its light and creamy texture reminds you of a luxurious porridge, if its already cold, you may count it as a bit healthier version of an apple pie. You may add some home made blueberry jam on top of it, grab a glass of milk or blob of peanut butter… Else you may eat it as it is.. its delicious cause its not too sweet, its light and tempting to eat more and more. So be aware of that.. it may disappear pretty quick from the table!
I had never actually tried making rice pudding at home… Gosh, who knew it was so easy! Now it is one of my man’s favourite sweet and healthy treats, so whenever I am too lazy to figure some new recipe out.. I pick the necessary ingredients and make this rice pudding. My man has never complained about that, how brilliant is that?
Even if you are following the bodybuilding diet, it is a perfect choice for a cheat meal or a pre-workout breakfast: full of good carbohydrates and getting you ready for the tiring training session. Sounds good, doesn’t it? Even better is that this recipe does not require you to buy bunch of extraordinary, expensive or rare ingredients. Most of these I bet you already have in your kitchen. Trust me its worth to spend 15-20 minutes for preparing this comfort food.
Makes 10-12 servings
300g brown rice
4glasses skimmed milk
100g low fat butter
2-3 packets of stevia (you may pick any other sweetener too)
5 big apples
sunflower, flax, sesame seeds (more or less to taste)
a bit of salt
1 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees, prepare a big baking dish with baking paper, or cooking spray.
- Bring milk to boil, add brown rice and remove from the heat. Soak rice for about 30 minutes.
- Whisk egg yolks, stevia, vanilla extract and cinnamon in a medium bowl until smooth.
- In a separate bowl beat egg whites until stiff.
- Peel and shred apples.
- Stirring constantly, add rice to the egg yolks mixture, carefully add the beaten egg whites, shredded apples, nuts and seeds. Stir the dough well.
- Scrape the mixture into the prepared baking dish. Place dish in a shallow roasting pan and pour enough simmering water into roasting pan to come halfway up the sides of the baking dish. (!!!- this makes sure the pudding remains creamy)
- Bake pudding for about 1 hour.