To me, nothing beats a brilliant protein cake!
Usually protein cakes are not too sweet, which I love. What is more, if the recipe is good, they always taste amazing. Though they are not filled up with sugar, they are cakes! In addition, they not just taste great – they are packed with protein, which feeds muscles and saves from getting an additional layer of belly fat. Protein cakes makes me feel as having a small celebration, enjoying sweet treats and yet contain nutritionally valuable elements. This then leads to an idea that protein cakes fall into the category of healthy meals!
Following the same logic: one must eat healthy.. which means one should enjoy home made protein cakes! So.. one must learn how to bake the brilliant protein cake!
Apple Cinnamon Protein cake reminds me of a perfectly made traditional apple cake… On the other hand, this delicious and fluffy Apple Cinnamon Protein cake gets you closer to your daily protein goal and can satisfy your mid-day cravings. It is also low in calories, so do not worry: you may try it early in the morning, as a snack or while having a cozy tea break.
Enjoy… have a piece of freshly baked Apple Cinnamon Protein cake.
P.s. It tastes amazing with a cup of coffee…
Makes 18 bars
1 scoop Pina Colada whey protein powder
3 scoops Vanilla whey protein powder
55g Almond meal/flour
10g Coconut flour
2tsp baking powder
a bit of salt
2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp Gingerbread Spice mixture
4 egg whites
65g fat-free cottage cheese
a bit of vanilla extract
1 large grated apple
1 tbsp raisin (optional)
- Preheat oven to 175 degrees. Spray a small skillet with cooking spray or use baking paper.
- In a large bowl combine protein powder, almond meal, coconut flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, gingerbread spice mixture and raisins (optional). Whisk together and set aside.
- In another bowl combine egg whites, cottage cheese, stevia and vanilla extract. Whisk together until fully incorporated.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry and mix well until the mixture is creamy.
- Fold in grated apple and mix until combined.
- Pour batter into the prepared dish and bake for 20-30 minutes.
- Let the cake cool on a wire rack.