This year we celebrated Valentine’s day and national pancakes day as one..
I remember soft, not too sweet, tasty pancakes from my joyful childhood.. nothing beats mom’s made pancakes in an early morning before school! It does not matter, if I was sad, or afraid of some test that day.. Pancakes always helped! They always made me smile and enjoy the day.
No doubts pancakes are different.. our moms have different recipes for the perfect ones. What is more, as soon as we start cooking, we develop our own recipes: combination of what we remember from childhood and new ideas taken from e.g.cooking books.
For me the perfect pancakes are rich in taste and… healthy!
The pancakes I am writing about here was part of my Valentine’s gift to my hungry man. However, they are easy to make and do not require you to find a special occasion to bake them for yourself or for your family members. Decorate your pancakes any way you want.. or eat them straight from the pan, standing in the kitchen, chatting with the one you love, smiling and thinking: “gosh, these pancakes are perfect..!”
So… have you been looking for a perfect protein pancakes recipe? Do not hesitate and use this one! Once you try them… you will change an idea of the perfect pancakes. These will be your no.1!
Makes 2 smaller portions or 1 king-size
1 scoop Banana protein powder
1tsp liquid stevia
3 egg whites
50g low-fat cottage cheese
1,5tsp baking powder
- Blend oats in a blender or food processor until it becomes fine flour.
- Add protein powder, stevia, egg whites, banana, baking powder and cottage cheese. Pulse blend until smooth.
- Toss blueberries into the batter and mix using a spoon.
- Place a skillet on medium-high heat, add a bit of coconut oil (you may use olive oil too) and measure out about 2 tbsp of batter per pancake.
- Cook them for about a minute on the first side, and about 45 seconds on the other side.