I have already written about the great shoulders workshop with Oliver Juul Tholsted (Shoulders Workshop) in my blog. I have also mentioned the main points he gave during the mentioned event. What is more, I quickly mentioned the delicious protein cakes his wife, another great athlete, Natalie Juul Tholsted, has made for the participators that day. Since I was one of them, I had a possibility to try those delicious and healthy protein packed desserts too.
I must say a giant ‘Thank You’ to her! She has not only baked these amazing treats, but also shared the recipe with us. I loved the taste and texture of those, so I decided to make some for myself too. My version of this cake was also successful! To be honest, I could not get my fingers off it!
Sharing is caring.. If Natalie shared the recipe with me, I cannot stop myself from sharing a modified version of it with you either!
Makes 1 big cake
1 can of low fat coconut milk
1 tsp baking powder
1 serving of liquid stevia
1 big rape banana, mashed
5-6 scoops of Chocolate protein powder
1,5 chosen protein bar (I used Quest Bar: Vanilla Almond Crunch taste)
Handful of almonds
- Preheat oven to 160 degrees.
- Place the oats into the bowl of your food processor. Pulse the oats until they are ground into flour.
- Blend all the ingredients together, except for the chosen protein bar.
- Chop the bar into small pieces and add to the batter.
- Pour the batter into the prepared baking pan and bake for 35-45 minutes. Let cool on a wire rack.
The cake I made was pretty big, however I did not cut it into the pieces – was too delicious! We were cutting it into different slices and enjoying, so I will provide you with nutritional facts of the whole Chocolate and Protein Bar cake.