Who doesn’t love a good, easy and really tasty chicken dish? You can eat it for lunch, dinner, enjoy alone or with the whole family… It’s totally up to you! Chicken dish like this can be eaten on any day, all around the year. On thing for sure: its superb tasty and will definitely warm you up..
This Coconut Tomato Chicken is semi-inspired by Thai cuisine, which if eating out is normally filled with added sugars, artificial sauces and bunch of extra calories that, most likely, you do not need. My solution? This Coconut Tomato Chicken!
This one is easy to cook, does not require fancy sauces or other ingredients and can save you loooots of calories! Sounds good, doesn’t it?
This recipe is not too spicy, so do not worry if your family prefers mild dishes. The dish worked well both for my boyfriend and for my mom, who has a really sensitive digestion, but a good taste! What can I say? They both loved this Coconut Tomato Chicken!
In this recipe I used chicken drumsticks, but if you want to reduce fats and make this dish even healthier, you are welcome to switch the drumsticks with chicken breast.
This Coconut Tomato Chicken will keep up well in the fridge for up to 2 – 3 days, so you can count it as a ‘meal prep suitable’ dish..
I served this Chicken dish with white Basmati rice, but you can also serve it with oven baked potatoes or just throw some baby potatoes in the same pot as chicken and cook them together.
Anyways, no matter how Pro you are in the kitchen, try this Coconut Tomato Chicken and enjoy healthy, tasty and nooooot boring chicken dish!
Makes 4-5 servings
about 1.4kg chicken drumsticks
2 – 3 tbsp of olive oil
3 – 5 cloves of garlic
1 tbsp of ginger
Jalapenos – depending on taste
1 can of diced tomatoes
1 can of low fat coconut milk
1 cup of chicken stock
spring onions, chopped cilantro
- Season the chicken with salt, ginger and pepper. In a large preheated pot brown chicken in olive oil. Remove the chicken and set aside.
- Chop garlic, onions, jalapenos and zucchini. Add the chopped garlic, onions and jalapenos into the large pot, where you previously cooked chicken. Cook them for few minutes or until all are softened.
- Pour in the chopped tomatoes, coconut milk and chicken broth. Cook for 1 -2 minutes.
- Add the chicken back to the pot, pour in zucchini. Cook for 45 – 60 minutes.
- In the very end add the chopped spring onions and fresh herbs.