This Creamy Broccoli and Salmon soup came to my kitchen as a sign of upcoming spring… The soup is light as sunny days, green colour reminds of fields of flowers and wet grass, pieces of pink salmon – mm.. sea… seafood. Combination of broccoli and salmon is pretty well known in different cuisines. But what about soup? Have you ever tried making this creamy joy? If not, I would honestly recommend you spent half an hour making it and get surprised.. how delicious it actually is! It looks brilliant in pictures, but tastes even better. Even my man, who is so to say, a bit against soups.. ok ok, he has some bad childhood memories about soup that he HAD to eat.. so, even my big guy said that this soup was brilliant! So if you want to fill up your stomach with something light, healthy, rich in veggies and healthy pieces of salmon, get ready and try out this soup recipe. P.s. I served this soup with some additional pieces of salmon and couple slices of freshly baked Italian bread. From my point of view, such combination fits perfectly to the fancy Italian style dinner. However if you do not want additional calories, feel free to enjoy the soup.. maybe even couple of bowls then? Bon apetit, my friends!
Makes 4 big bowls of soup
400g frozen broccoli
1/2l chicken/vegetable broth
a bit of coconut oil
80g chicken breast fillet
150g low calorie cream
couple pieces of sun dried tomatoes
salt, pepper, basil
a bit of almonds
300g fresh salmon fillet
- Melt coconut oil, saute onions until golden.
- Get the broth hot, add chicken breast, frozen broccoli, sun dried tomatoes and the sauted onions. Add some salt, pepper, basil. Simmer for 5-7minutes.
- Blend the soup with a stick blender until smooth.
- Stir in low calorie cream, bring the soup to boil.
- Cut the salmon fillets into small cubics, roast them in a dry pan. Add some spices.
- Decorate the soup with the roasted salmon and almonds.