It’s been a while since I came up with a new recipe.. Mostly because the hectic days took away my freetime, which I could spend for slow and enjoyable baking, afterwards for post writing and .. planning new recipes.
And yet, the previous months I spend researching on Keto diet. For those, who are still not aware of what it is, I can shortly say – its a very high fat, extremely low carbohydrate and moderate amount of protein diet. Keto or Ketogenic diet is mostly known for its very positive effect on people with some anxiety, nervous, mental problems (*and more.. I am not expanding this subject here) AND for making one’s body into a fat burning machine! Exactly the second part got me A LOT into this subject.
This recipe is one of my first try outs of Keto. No, it does not mean that living on Keto one could eat these cakes.. however, it does not mean that one living on Keto couldn’t eat these cakes, either 🙂
So, if you are looking for something light, soft, juicy, moderate sweet and really tasty this High Protein Keto friendly Berry Cake with very little carbohydrates and lots of taste – might be something for you..
Makes 21 squares
- 90gr natural butter
- 50gr stevia sugar + 1tbsp for the top layer
- 3 eggs
- a bit of vanilla extract
- 96gr almond flour
- 25gr shredded coconut
- a bit salt
- 1 scoop with top Iso Whey – Cafe Latte taste from BiotechUSA
- 2 tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup milk (I used lactose free milk, you can use almond milk)
- 200gr blueberries
- 85gr natural cream cheese (I used lactose free)
- Preheat oven to 190 degrees, prepare the baking dish with baking paper.
- Melt butter in microwave, and mix together with 50gr stevia sugar.
- Add 2 eggs, vanilla extract and whisk it all together.
- In another bowl combine the protein powder, almond flour, shredded coconut, salt, baking powder. Add them to the wet ingredients, pour in 1/2cup milk and blend until smooth.
- Spread the cake batter evenly in the prepared baking dish and sprinkle the fresh blueberries on top of it.
- Make the top layer – heat the cream cheese for the 30seconds in the microwave and mix together with one egg and 1 tbsp stevia sugar.
- Pour over the top of blueberries.
- Set into the preheated oven and bake for 35-40minutes or until the toothpick comes out almost clean. Remove from the oven and let it cool down.