Not a cookie, not a brownie… golden bars, great in flavor, moist , easy to make and recommended to share with your friends so that you do not eat the whole pan. Yes, if you like chocolate chips, cookies, bananas and sweet pleasures, blondies must be one of your favorite desserts.
However, the original recipes appear too high in calories, sugars, gluten for ones trying to keep up with the healthy diet and not aiming to exceed the recommended amount of calorie intake simply because of a dessert.. Me and my man definitely fall into this category.
So.. I spent some time thinking about how I could solve this problem and improve the original recipes, so that the blondies would still taste a.m.a.z.i.n.g., but would not make any of us worry about calories, fats, etc.
Here I am excited to share the improved recipe with you! It is still extremely easy to make and the texture of blondies is soft and fudgy.. I bet you will love it as much as we do!
Next time I will make these higher in protein and make the blondies into super tasty protein blondies. That’s a word! For now get the tools, ingredients and make some Peanut Butter Banana Chocolate Chip blondies, you deserve it!
Makes 12 bars
230g chickpeas, rinsed and drained
70g crunchy peanut butter
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 scoop Banana protein powder
1/2 tsp baking powder
60g dark chocolate (at least 70%)
15g dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees. Prepare a 20x20cm non-sticky baking tray (I used a 14x28cm one). Then line the pan with a piece of baking paper.
- In a food processor combine all ingredients except hazelnuts and chocolate.
- Once the dough is smooth add hazelnuts and process the dough a bit more.
- Finally stir in chocolate.
- Spread the dough evenly in the baking tray and sprinkle some chocolate chips.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes. Do not overcook! Blondies are ready when the top is lightly golden and should a toothpick inserted into middle comes out relatively clean. Set the pan on a wire rack and cool completely.