Light, moist, loaded with a mixture of Gingerbread, nutmeg and carrot flavor, soft and delicious Protein Carrot Cake is a good choice if you are looking for a healthy, low in calories dessert.
For me the flavour, taste and moist of this cake is a must-have combo at least once a spring.. I couldn’t make it this year during Easter, so few weeks later, as I got more time, I knew it was a perfect time to make a tasty Protein Carrot Cake.
Soft pieces of cake, coffee and an early sunny spring morning.. a dreamy scene that may be realized if you follow this recipe.
By the way, do not worry, the cake will taste brilliant both for people, who care about the micro-nutrients, and for those, who simply enjoy tasty desserts.
Remember: keeping on a healthy track is not hard, you just need to make wise choices.
P.s. If you prefer trying something new out, go ahead and make carrot protein muffins instead of the cake. Directions are the same, simply switch a baking dish into a muffin pan.
Makes 18 bars
90g oat flour
2 scoops Vanilla whey protein
4 egg whites
250g baby food: carrots taste, sugar free
2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp Gingerbread spice mixture
1/4 tsp salt
a bit of nutmeg
1tbsp coconut flour
a bit of dried fruits
- Preheat oven to 175 degrees. Prepare a 14*28 cm baking form, put a sheet of baking paper into it.
- Mix oat flour, whey protein, cinnamon, baking soda, salt, Gingerbread spice mixture, nutmeg and sweetener. If you like, add coconut flour and dried.
- In another bowl mix egg whites, baby food and water.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix together.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared baking dish.
- Bake 25-35 minutes.