Eating clean does not have to be boring. Indeed, it can be fun, interesting and really delicious!
Soft&Crumby Triple Chocolate And Plum Protein Cake bars are brilliant examples of that. I have tried making different protein cakes, but me and my man have selected these as no.1 of all that I have ever made.
The bars are soft and light, while the chocolate inside is prepared just perfectly: you take a bite of this chocolate heaven and feel the melted Dark Chocolate Chips running. Each bite is moist, yet the bars are firm enough to be comfortably taken. The combination of dark chocolate and plum, sweet and sour, is always a good choice to take.. and yes, you will find it inside these bars! The fruits and jam inside make the bars a little bit sour, which gives a refreshing feeling while enjoying the dark chocolate bars. A delicate balance enhances a taste of each.
These Triple Chocolate And Plum Protein Cake bars are perfect protein filled snacks to go. As any other cakes I make, they are not too sweet. They are sugar free, so you may get proteins in a delicious way without worrying about the additional/hidden sugars. On the other hand, they are so delicious that It may be hard to stop eating them. Luckily, they are not high in calories, so eating more than one bar at a time might not be a big trouble.
These bars are heaven for dark chocolate lovers as me, also for fans of sponge cakes. Nevertheless, they will bring delight to anyone counting protein intake. By the way, do not be worried about the time you have to spend in the kitchen to make this cake. It will take no more than 15minutes to prepare it and only 30 minutes to bake.
Orange Chocolate Chips on top..? Why not! I had them on my kitchen shelf, so I guess these bars can be said to include four different sorts of chocolate.. One word: Heaven!
Makes 15 bars
3/4 cup oat flour
1/4 cup almond flour
4 egg whites
2 scoops Chocolate Protein powder
1/4 stevia, splenda or other sweetener
1/2 tsp baking powder
150g Sugar free Apple Rhubarb jam
3 tbsp raw cocoa powder
1/4 tsp salt
3 tbsp Dark Chocolate Chips
28g fat free plain Greek yogurt
85ml skim milk
2 tbsp sunflower seeds (optional)
2tbsp Orange Chocolate Chips (optional)
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees, prepare a 14*28cm baking form (or 20*20cm one), put a sheet of baking paper into it.
- Chop plums into small cubes.
- Combine egg whites, stevia, salt and whisk together until fully incorporated. Add skim milk, Greek yogurt, Apple Rhubarb jam. Mix together in a same bowl.
- Mix dry ingredients (oat flour, almond flour, protein and baking powder, raw cocoa) together in another bowl.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix together.
- Stir in the chopped plums, Dark Chocolate Chips and sunflower seeds (if using).
- Pour batter into the baking dish and bake for 20-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Let it cool on a metal wire rack and sprinkle some Orange Chocolate Chips on top.