On a warm and sunny Friday morning I accidentally saw this beautiful picture of a sugary Strawberry cake.. It looked so delicious and so pretty! Of course, it was full of sugar, made out of regular flour etc. – things that I am either allergic to or avoid putting into my foods.
This is how I came up with an idea of this Banana Strawberry Protein Bread – healthy, easy to make… and tasting better than I could have ever imagined! Way better! Soft and moist, rich in flavours and smell of strawberries..
We even named this bread as: “Now way It’s a healthy protein cake!” It is hard to imagine that healthy cake taste soooo amazing! Seriously, even for us, who are used to this type of kitchen it is a big discovery! I give you my word: even the biggest cake lovers will enjoy this protein bread!
So.. This Banana Strawberry Protein Bread is a bomb or hero of the week in our kitchen! It’s a healthy version of summer cake that easily calms down your sugar cravings while providing you with considerable amount of protein, complex carbs and vitamins from fresh fruits.
Another good thing is that you can easily substitute strawberries with any other type of berries or fruits, e.g. fresh apricots!
Make sure you do not miss a chance to try this luxury protein bread that tastes like summer, is inspired by sun, sweet fruits, longing for beach and warm sea..
Make Banana Strawberry Protein Bread and enjoy a peaceful day.
Makes 15 slices
5 – 6 large strawberries
6 egg whites
68g oats, made into flour (gluten free)
3,5 scoop Vanilla Protein powder
1tsp baking powder
2bsp crystallized sweetener
1 tsp lemon juice
a bit of vanilla extract
a bit of chopped almonds
- Preheat the oven to 175 degrees, prepare a loaf pan (spray with non stick spray or lay in some parchment paper)
- Slice strawberries and bananas in thin slices. Line the bottom of the loaf pan with sliced bananas and half of the sliced strawberries.
- In a big bowl mix together oat flour, protein powder, vanilla extract, baking powder and sweetener.
- In another bowl mix together egg whites and lemon juice.
- Mix wet ingredients into dry ingredients – make sure it is distributed evenly.
- Pour mixture on top of the layered sliced bananas and strawberries.
- Cover with remaining strawberries and chopped almonds.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes , or inserted toothpick comes out clean.