Coming back to the improvement season.. leaving the sweaty contest preparation months behind (for a while!!!), I am back to creating my protein foods!
During the previous months I was making plans about the new meals and inputs into my blog that I should start putting up after my show. Having said that.. you must see some of my contest photos.. and then jump into baking some protein cake!
Yes, slimmed down body, which I and other bodybuilders have on stage or in photo-shoots, is amazing.. It’s motivating to train, to eat healthy, to change lifestyle, stop binging or whatever else you may come up with…
But.. truth is – that’s only a body for that day (competition or photo shoot), keeping it up like that for longer period of time means killing yourself.. It means starving, not getting enough nutrients, fluids and playing with overall imbalance.
And that’s why you should be inspired by beautiful shapes, but most importantly focus on training hard, eating good, leaving all the sugar filled candies and cakes..
… and making clever choices – such as making Very Chocolaty Banana Berries Cake, which you may enjoy within the weekend.
Makes 24 bars
- 7 scoops Chocolate Whey Protein Powder
- 2 bananas
- 280g fat free Greek Yogurt
- 1 cup egg whites
- 1 small package raisins
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- fresh strawberries (the more – the better)
- 2 tbsp sunflower seed butter (you may use peanut butter)
- 50 g oats
- shredded coconut
- Preheat oven to 175degrees, prepare the baking dish with spray oil.
- Chop strawberries into pieces.
- Mash bananas, add sunflower seed butter. Mix well together.
- In another bowl mix together all of the rest ingredients.
- Add the mashed bananas and strawberries to the prepared dough.
- Pour the mixture into the baking dish.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes. The cake will seem to be under-cooked
as you take it from the oven, but it will get firm as it gets cold.