Spring or summer lunch..?
Ok.. maybe just a warm autumn day..?
Or.. sunny winter and BBQ in a balcony..?! This recipe will work for any occasion and any time of the year.
Easy marinade, cooking time 15-20minutes on the grill or in the oven under the grill function.
Besides the whiskey tomato marinated pork I suggest you making salad, inspired by the Asian cuisine. These are also: simple, easy, sweet and fresh in taste..
Believe it or not, but this combination of lean pork kabobs and fresh salad is simply amazing.
Whiskey Tomato Marinated Pork Kabobs
- 800-1kg lean pork (eg. pork coulotte)
- 50 g sugar free ketchup
- 1 can diced tomatoes with garlic
- 250ml whiskey
- 5 bay leaves
- 2 big white onions
- If you are using wooden sticks to put the pork kabobs on, then make sure you keep them in water for 20-30minutes before putting the meat on. This will save them from getting burnt.
- Thinly slice white onions, add them to the big bowl.
- Cut pork into medium sized pieces, add them on top of the sliced onions
- Add whiskey, ketchup, diced tomatoes, pepper. Mix well and set aside to the fridge for 4 – 12hours.
- Add salt only before getting the meat on grill.
- Bake for about 15-20minutes.
100g Lean Pork – about 110kcal; Fat: 3g; Carbs: 0g; Protein: 21g.
Some additional kcals may come from the marinade.
Fresh Asian salad
3/4 long cucumber
1 tbsp natural Honey
1 tsp walnut oil
1 – 2 tbsp lemon juice
sesame seeds (optional, can be changed with cashews)
- Cut all the vegetables into matchsticks. Divide the salad into small squares.
- Prepare the dressing: mix honey, lemon juice and walnut oil.
- Toss the vegetables with dressing and set the bowl into fridge. Leave for 10-15minutes before serving.
for the whole bowl of salad: